So I’m a DJ nowPosted: July 30, 2013
Yeah that’s right. I totally DJed a set at the most recent Blues dance here in Atlanta. As it was my first time DJing ever, I only had an hour to play. General consensus? Everyone loved my set! I’ll admit I was a bit nervous…I imagine it’d suck as a DJ to be playing a set and have no one dancing. The horror.
Anyways, if you’re curious, I’ve turned my set into a spotify playlist, which you can access if you have an account.
Otherwise, here’s a track list
- Blue Prelude, Koko Taylor
- The Beast, Milt Buckner
- I Just Want To Make Love To You, Paul Rodgers
- Mama Talk To Your Daughter, J.B. Lenoir
- Angel in the Day – Devil in the Night, Dr. Michael White
- Darkness, Tab Benoit
- Jukebox Boogie, Doctor Ross
- The Shadow, Shawn James
- Six Cold Feet, Hugh Laurie
- Feeling Good, Kim Massie & the Solomon Douglas Swingtet (not available on Spotify)
- Sunday Kind of Love, Etta James
- You Are My Sunshine, Leftover Cuties
- Cry Me A River, Julie London
- Big Long Slidin’ Thing, Dinah Washington
- Sinkin’ Soon, Norah Jones
- Wild is the Wind, Nina Simone
Can’t wait to DJ more!